TRI Website Terms & Conditions
The Reinvention Institute Web Site Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
These Terms are a legal agreement between You and The Reinvention Institute, Inc. (“The Reinvention Institute”, “our” or “we”). Please read the following Terms carefully before using our web sites, www.reinvention-institute.com and www.members.reinvention-institute.com, as well as any online features, services and/or programs offered by The Reinvention Institute (collectively, the “Services”).
By accessing the Services, you agree to the following Terms. Please review these Terms regularly as they may change from time to time. If you do not agree to any portion of these Terms, you should not access or otherwise use the Services. “Content” refers to any text, materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on, uploaded to and/or downloaded from the Services.
We will try to notify you of material revisions; for example, via a service notification posted to the Site or an email to the email associated with your account. You are encouraged to review these Terms frequently (the date of the most recent revision to these Terms appear at the end of these Terms).
- CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY; ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. By merely providing access to the Services, we do not warrant or represent that: (a) the Content is accurate, complete, up-to-date or current; (b) we have any obligation to update any Content; (c) the Content is free from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors; (d) that the Content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party; (e) that the Content is free from changes caused by a third party; (f) your access to the Services will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components; and/or (g) any information obtained in response to questions asked through, or postings made on, the Services is accurate or complete. “Content” refers to any text, materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on, uploaded to and/or downloaded from the Services. Your use of the Web Site and the Services offered therein are subject to federal law and the law of the state where we maintain your Account (“Applicable Law”).
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as THE WEB SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13.
- SITE USE AND CONTENT: You may view, copy or print pages from the Services solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, print, display, reproduce, distribute or publish any information from the Services without our express, prior, written consent. At any time, we may, without further notice, make changes to the Services, to these Terms and/or to the services described in these Terms. You MAY NOT:
- Use the Services for unlawful purposes;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights belonging to us or any person or entity; or
- is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes violence, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- Harass, “stalk”, threaten, or defraud users or our staff or vendors;
- Spam or use the Services to engage in any commercial or job search activity;
- Misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Services;
- Access or use the Services to collect market research for a competing business;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Take any action that would undermine any aspect of the Services;
- Transmit to the Services any virus or other program that may damage or impair the use of our or our users’ hardware, software or equipment;
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, re-sell or exploit any information, materials or content on the Services;
- Take any action that would inhibit any other users’ enjoyment of the Services.
- BECOMING A REGISTERED USER:
- USER ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your UserID, password and User Account information. You, however, are ultimately responsible for protecting your UserID, password and User Account information from disclosure to third parties. You are required to take reasonable precautions to safeguard your UserID and password. You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs with respect to your User Account and UserID. While we provide certain encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, error, interception or interruption. We reserve e the right, but do not assume responsibility, to monitor or review any activity on our services. You agree that you are responsible for the conduct of all users of your account and any User Data that is created, transmitted, stored, or displayed by, from, or within your account while using the Services. You will be held responsible for any consequences, legal or otherwise, that arise from your use of the Services.
- where disclosure is necessary for completing payments, or to resolve a problem related to a payment;
- to verify the condition and existence of your Account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- to persons authorized by law in the course of their official duties;
- to a consumer reporting agency as defined by Applicable Law;
- to comply with a government agency or court order, such as a lawful subpoena;
- to our employees, auditors, service providers, attorneys or collection agents in the course of their duties; or
- if you give us written permission (including by email).
- if You have supplied your login information to another party; or
- for any other reason specified in these Terms or any other agreement we have with you.
- ACCURATE INFORMATION. In creating and using your User Account on the Services, you agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself on any registration form required on the Services; and (ii) maintain and promptly update the information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your User Account and refuse any and all current or future use of your User Account.
- USER DATA. We do not own any data, information, or material that you submit to the Services (“User Data”). By posting information, comments, or materials to the Site, you grant us a royalty-free, sublicensable, worldwide, perpetual right to copy, use, distribute, display or create derivative works of the User Data. You are fully responsible for the quality, integrity, legality, accuracy, intellectual property ownership, reliability, appropriateness, or the right to use all of the User Data. We cannot be held responsible for the deletion, correction, destruction, damage, loss or failure to store any User Data.
- PREMIUM USER ACCOUNT FEES:
- Payment of Fees. We calculate and bill fees in advance on a monthly basis. You agree that you will pay all applicable fees according to the billing process described below. Payments must be by credit card only. All charges are non-refundable unless we specifically state otherwise in this Terms of Service, or unless it is otherwise provided by applicable law. You agree to allow us to charge your credit card on a monthly basis in advance for providing Services.
- No Refunds. Payments are nonrefundable. We do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if you cancel your account in the middle of a billing cycle. Additionally, we do not grant upgrade/downgrade refunds, nor does it grant refunds for months that are unused by an open account.
- You agree to pay for any and all Service upgrades that you request for your user accounts. If you upgrade your plan level or number of user licenses, we will automatically charge the credit card you provided with the new rate on your next billing cycle. If you upgrade your account in the middle of a billing cycle, a prorated amount for the upgrade may be assessed immediately.
- If you decide to downgrade your Services, you may lose significant features, functionality, or storage capacity on your account. In the event that this occurs, we do not accept any liability for this type of loss. You are solely responsible for planning ahead and backing up your data before your account downgrade occurs. You agree and acknowledge that we are not liable for your User Data, and that we have no obligation to retain your User Data in the event of a downgrade. You also acknowledge and agree that we may delete your User Data if it is more than sixty (60) days after the downgrade.
- Additional Fees. We are not responsible for any additional bank fees, interest charges, finance charges, overdraft charges, or other fees resulting from charges billed by us. Additionally, you are responsible for paying all sales tax, use tax, value added taxes, withholding taxes and any other similar taxes and charge of any kind imposed by federal, state or local governmental entity on the transactions contemplated by the Agreement. When we have the legal obligation to pay or collect taxes for which you are responsible, the appropriate amount will be invoiced and paid by you unless you provide us with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate tax authority.
- Fee Changes. We may change the prices of our Services, including, but not limited to, monthly subscription plan fees upon the renewal of your subscription contract. We will provide notice of fee changes by posting the fee changes to our website and Services. No price changes will take place during a subscription contract. Price changes take effect upon renewal of the subscription contract. Renewals of subscription contracts will take place automatically if you continue to use the Services beyond the term of your current or initial contract term.
- Late Payment, Non Payment, and Suspension. All payments are made in advance of receiving services. If we do not receive payment of fees, in full, for Services within three (3) days of processing your credit card, we may, without notice, suspend or terminate all Services under this Agreement.
- ACCOUNT TERMINATION:
- Termination or Cancellation by Us. We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your password, account, or use of the Services and may withhold, remove and/or delete User Data without notice if you materially breach this Agreement. A material breach of this Agreement includes, but is not limited to, your non-payment of fees and your failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions. If we suspend or cancel your account, your right to use the Services will stop immediately. You acknowledge and agree that we do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if we cancel or terminate your account in the middle of a billing cycle.
- Termination or Cancellation by You. If you are unhappy with our Services, you have the right, at any time or for any reason, to cancel your account. You can cancel your account by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a cancellation link. You acknowledge and agree that we do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if you request to cancel your account in the middle of a billing cycle.
- ACCOUNT DELETION. Your right to access your account and the User Data stored within it is terminated immediately following account cancellation and deletion. You are responsible for backing-up your data that you use within the Services. Following account cancellation and deletion, you will not have access to any data that you stored on the Services. You acknowledge that we do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if you cancel your account in the middle of a billing cycle.
- NO WARRANTIES; INDEMNIFICATION. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEB SITE, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. THE REINVENTION INSTITUTE PROVIDES THE WEB SITE AND THE SERVICES ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS AND THE REINVENTION INSTITUTE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE WEB SITE, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES ARE OR SHALL REMAIN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THE CONTENT SHALL BE NON-INFRINGING ON ANY THIRD PARTY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, THAT DEFECTS SHALL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE WEB PAGES ON THE WEB SITE, THE SERVICES, ANY ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION OR THE SERVERS USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES ARE OR SHALL REMAIN FREE FROM ANY VIRUSES, WORMS, TIME BOMBS, DROP DEAD DEVICES, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY PERSON USING THE SERVICES WILL BE THE PERSON THAT HE OR SHE REPRESENTS HIMSELF OR HERSELF TO BE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEB SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING, OR THAT WE WILL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY FOR THE WEB SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC AREA.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, proceedings, liabilities, judgments, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees) assessed or incurred by us, directly or indirectly, with respect to or arising out of: (i) your failure to comply with these Terms; (ii) your breach of your obligations under these Terms; (iii) your use of the rights granted hereunder, including without limitation any claims made by any third parties; and/or (iv) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF THE WEB SITE, THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES SHALL BE THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR USER ACCOUNT. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR COMPUTER SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, AND/OR (E) ANY VIRUSES, WORMS, TIME BOMBS, DROP DEAD DEVICES, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT.
- We may provide hyperlinks to other web sites maintained by third parties, or we may provide third party content on the Services by framing or other methods. THE LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY. THE CONTENT ON ANY LINKED WEB SITE IS NOT UNDER OUR CONTROL AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF LINKED WEB SITES, INCLUDING ANY FURTHER LINKS CONTAINED IN A THIRD PARTY WEB SITE. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE THIRD PARTY WEB SITES LINKED TO THE SERVICES, YOU DO SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- If a third party links to the Services, it is not necessarily an indication of an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership by or with The Reinvention Institute. In most cases, we are not even aware that a third party has linked to the Services. A web site that links to the Services: (i) may link to, but not replicate, our Content; (ii) may not create a browser, border environment or frame our Content; (iii) may not imply that we are endorsing it or its products; (iv) may not misrepresent its relationship with us; (v) may not present false or misleading information about our products or services; and (vi) should not include content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only Content that is appropriate for all age groups.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS: The trademarks, service marks and logos used and displayed on the Services are ours, or our subsidiaries’ or affiliates’, registered and unregistered trademarks. We are the copyright owner or authorized licensee of all text and all graphics contained on the Services. All trademarks and service marks that may be referred to on the Services are our property. Nothing on the Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of our trademarks or service marks without our prior written permission. We aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights. Neither the name “The Reinvention Institute” nor any of our other trademarks, service marks or copyrighted materials may be used in any way, including in any advertising, hyperlink, publicity or promotional materials of any kind, whether relating to the Services or otherwise, without our prior written permission, except that a third party web site that desires to link to the Services and that complies with the requirements of Paragraph 9(b) above may use the name “The Reinvention Institute” in or as part of that URL link.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please send an email to info(at)reinvention-institute.com and provide the us with the following information:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- LOCAL LAWS: We make no representation that content or materials in the Services are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside the United States. Access to the Services from jurisdictions where such access is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Services from other jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. We are not responsible for any violation of law. You may not use or export the Content or materials in the Services in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. You agree that the Services, these Terms and the Services shall be interpreted and governed in accordance with federal law and, to the extent not preempted by federal law, with the laws of the state where we maintain your Account. The Services and the Services shall be deemed a passive website and service that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over The Reinvention Institute, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the states covered by the preceding sentence. You agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located where we maintains your Account. You further agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States and the country in which you reside (if different from the United States).
- NON-TRANSFERABILITY OF USER ACCOUNT: User Accounts and UserIDs are non-transferable, and all users are obligated to take preventative measures to prohibit unauthorized users from accessing the Services with his or her UserID and password. You may not assign these Terms, in whole or in part, or delegate any of your responsibilities hereunder to any third party. Any such attempted assignment or delegation will not be recognized by us unless acknowledge by us in writing. We may, at any time and in our sole discretion, assign these Terms, in whole or in part, or delegate any of our rights and responsibilities under these Terms to any third party or entity.
- TERMINATION OF SERVICE: We may terminate your User Account or right to access secured portions of the Services at any time, without notice, for conduct that we believe violates these Terms and/or is harmful to other users of the Services or to us.
- Material that infringes the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of other parties;
- Material or statements which contain vulgar, obscene, or indecent statements or graphical images;
- Defamatory or abusive statements;
- Statements which threaten the person of others;
- Advertising or other forms of solicitation;
- Personal, private, or sensitive information pertaining to or belonging to anyone other than You;
- Statements which are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, or which endorse or advocate illegal or immoral activity.
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS AGREEMENT:
By accessing and using the Services, you consent to and agree to be bound by the terms of the foregoing Terms. If we decide to change these Terms, we will make an effort to post those changes on the web page so that you will always be able to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Web Site and/or the Services. Your use of the Web Site and/or the Services following any amendment of these Terms will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, or if you see anything on the Web Site that you think is inappropriate, please let us know by email at info(at)reinvention-institute.com or by sending your comments to:
THE REINVENTION INSTITUTE, INC.
6815 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 103 Box #449; Miami, FL 33138
Attn: Pamela Mitchell
EFFECTIVE AS OF: April 21, 2019
LAST UPDATED: April 21, 2019