TRI Privacy and Information Security Policy
PRIVACY AND SECURITY INFORMATION POLICY
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN FROM YOU? WHEN DO WE OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION?
If, upon visiting our Web Site, your use is limited to browsing our informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally identifiable information. However, we may request personal information from you at other times. For example:
- If you register for a User Account, enroll in a membership, or purchase a product or service through our Services, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, credit card number, expiration date, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number.
- If you post to our discussion forums, we will ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address and password.
- If you want to enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we will need your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
- If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we will ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, membership number, address, phone number and fax number. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
- If you have questions or concerns about the personal information we process relating to you, we may ask for personal information to confirm your identity or to locate your data.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To protect the security and quality of your personal information, we have implemented technical and managerial procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration when it is under our control.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve your experience on our Services generally as well as provide you with customized, personalization services and interactive communications.
- If you check the “opt-in” feature on our Services, or if you do not uncheck a pre-checked “opt-in” box we may from time to time send you e-mails regarding our Services and special promotions. Also, we occasionally may send you direct mail about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We use your financial information (e.g., your credit card number) only to verify your credit and to bill you for memberships or products purchased through our Services. We also use your contact information as necessary to send you information about the memberships that you have purchased on our Services.
- When you enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we may use your e-mail address to send you status updates.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the services offered on our Services. We also use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information that we may share with our business partners, but only in the aggregate without any of your personally identifiable information.
- We may research the demographics, interests and behavior of our customers based on the information provided to us during membership registration, during sweepstakes, contests and promotions, from our server log files, from cookies and from surveys. Our research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share this aggregate data with business partners, but only in the aggregate, without any of your personally identifiable information.
- We may use personal information to confirm your identity or to locate your data in order to answer your questions or comply with your requests about the use of your personal information.
CAN YOU “OPT-OUT” OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US?
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to info(at)reinvention-institute.com . Similarly, if you are not receiving our promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings and wish to receive these materials, you may opt-in at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to info(at)reinvention-institute.com.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OUR PARTNERS:
DO WE SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
No, as a general rule, we do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. If and whenever we intend to share your personally identifiable information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We generally will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission to do so or under some special circumstances described below.
- As noted previously, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services as well as sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or any jointly sponsored sweepstakes, contests or promotions will become the joint property of us and our business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- Under confidentiality agreements, we may match user information with third party data. We also may disclose aggregate demographic and/or user information and statistics in order to describe our customer base to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information without your prior permission in special cases. For example, we may have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the User Terms and Conditions, or may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to our rights or property or any third party, including other customers. Also, we may disclose or access your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that law or regulation requires disclosure.
HOW CAN YOU UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
You may edit your personally identifiable information and your password at any time by sending an e-mail request to info(at)reinvention-institute.com.
DO YOU HAVE CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES?
Yes, you have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, our Services uses cookie-based authentication. Accordingly, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to log onto our Services and/or use our services or participate in our sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY?
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the practices of our Services, please feel free to e-mail us at info(at)reinvention-institute.com or visit our contact page.