Reinvention Launch Club Membership Agreement
Participant Agreement for the Reinvention Launch Club
This Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you (“Member”or “you”) and us, The Reinvention Institute, Inc. (“The Reinvention Institute,” “we,” “us”). We agree to provide you with access to the Reinvention Launch Club (the “Reinvention Launch Club” or “Club”), including learning modules, original content, group coaching calls, one-on-one coaching, and a private membership community (the “Benefits and Features”), and access to the members-only platform (the “Membership Site”). The Benefits and Features access to videos, coursework, lesson plans, training modules, photographs, software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, and other material provided by us or on our behalf (the “Content”). In exchange, you agree to pay us the membership fee (“Membership Fee”) according to the terms of this Agreement, to abide by the Community Rules (as defined and set forth in Section 4, below), and to be bound by the terms and conditions in set forth in this Agreement.
- Membership Enrollment, Term, and Fees.
- Please take reasonable precautions to safeguard your User Name and Password. You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs with respect to your User Name and Password. While we use other reasonable methods to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, error, interception or interruption. We have the right, but do not assume the responsibility, to monitor or review any activity in the Club, on the Membership Site, in the Benefits and Features of the Club, or on our website at www.members.reinvention-institute.com (the “Website.”)
- In the event that you determine that another party has gained access to your Password and User Name, or you determine that someone else has wrongfully accessed our Website using Your Password and User Name, we will issue you a new User Name and Password and will delete the old User Name and Password.
- You may not share your User Name and Password or Membership benefits with anyone else. Sharing your User Name and Password and/or your Membership benefits will result in immediate termination of your Membership without refund.
- Your Membership is not transferable. You may not assign your rights under this Agreement, and you may not transfer, share, or assign your Membership.
2.2 You Are Over 18 Years of Age. You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as THE WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13.
2.3 Term. The Membership is a recurring, subscription-based membership. Your Membership will automatically renew, unless you cancel your membership. You many cancel at any time, however, if you cancel in the middle of a billing cycle, your Membership will continue until the end of the cycle and you will not receive any refund. The Membership is designed for six continuous, consecutive months of participation, and some of the Features and Benefits will not be available to you if you cancel before you have completed six continuous, consecutive months of Membership.
2.4 Membership Fee. Your Membership, and your access to the Benefits and Features, is subject to your timely payment of the Membership Fee. You will provide us with a credit card number, and we will charge your credit card for the Membership Fee on the first day of your Membership. Your Membership will automatically renew. If you choose to pay on a monthly basis, we will charge your credit card for the Membership Fee every 30 days during the course of this Agreement. If you choose to pay on an annual basis, we will charge your credit card for the Membership Fee every 365 days during the course of this Agreement. We reserve the right to increase the Membership Fee and will notify members of the Club (“Members”) no less than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the change of the Membership Fee. All charges are non-refundable. You agree to allow us to charge your credit card in advance for your Membership.
2.5 Cancellation, Termination. Your Membership will automatically renew, unless you cancel. You may cancel your Membership at any time prior to your next billing date by contacting us at info (at) reinvention-institute.com, or by clicking the “Cancellation” button on your membership account page on the Membership Site. We do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if you cancel your Membership prior to the end of a billing cycle. Additionally, we do not grant refunds for Benefits and Features that you don’t use. If we do not receive payment of the Membership Fee, in full, within three (3) days of processing your credit card, we may, without notice, to suspend or terminate your Membership. In addition, we may suspend or terminate your Membership without refund and refuse any and all current or future use of your Membership if you a) materially breach this Agreement, b) create an unsafe space, harass, or otherwise disrespect other Members or our employees and/or independent contractors, c) solicit Members with job requests, business pitches, or marketing materials d) violate the Community Rules set forth in Section 4 of these Terms, e) become disruptive or difficult to work with, or f) if you impair the participation of other Members. The determination of whether any of the conditions a) through f) in the previous sentence have occurred is made by us, in our sole and absolute discretion.
- The Reinvention Launch Club.
The Reinvention Launch Club is a positive, practical, and professional community dedicated to helping you successfully launch and navigate your personal and professional reinvention by delivering in-depth knowledge, useful tools, and genuine support.
3.1 Benefits and Features. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and particularly with the Community Rules set forth in Section 4 of this Agreement, and provided that you are an active, current Member, your Membership in the Reinvention Launch Club includes the following Benefits and Features:
- One 90-minute one-on-one coaching session over the phone, to be used in your first month of Membership.
- One 45-minute one-on-one coaching session over the phone or via videoconference per month, subject to your completion of the required Progress Log.
- Access to approximately one group coaching call per month.
- Access to a new learning module every two weeks for the first six months of your Membership.
- Access to the member-only, private, online, interactive forum.
We may modify, substitute, add to, or remove Benefits and Features upon at least 30 days advance notice to Members. The Benefits and Features are offered on a “use it or lose it” basis, meaning that if you choose not to use some or all of the Benefits and Features, you will not be entitled to a refund and you will not be permitted to transfer or assign those Benefits and Features. In the unlikely event that we substantially reduce the Benefits and Features without adequate substitution, Members who have paid on an annual basis and choose to cancel will receive a pro-rated refund for the unused months of their Membership.
3.2 Coaching. We maintain the ethics and standards of behavior established by the International Coach Federation (“ICF”). You acknowledge and understand that:
- Coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of your life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education, and recreation. You agree that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into your life and implement choices is exclusively your responsibility.
- You are solely responsible for your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions, and results resulting from our coaching relationship. As such, you agree that we are not liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services we provide.
- Coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical, financial or other qualified professionals. It is your exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed.
- If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, we recommend that you promptly inform them of our coaching relationship. You understand that coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
3.3 Your Comments, Communications, and Material. Your Membership includes access to and participation in live phone calls, interactive forums, online messaging, and areas of the Membership Site where Members can contribute content and communications to the Membership Site, the Club, and other Members (“Member Content”) while participating in The Reinvention Launch Club. By submitting Member Content to the Club, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable right to publish, copy, display, create derivative works of, and distribute the Member Content. Nevertheless, we will never reveal your confidential information. You are fully responsible for the quality, integrity, legality, accuracy, intellectual property ownership, reliability, or appropriateness, of the Member Content.
3.4 Availability of Access. You recognize that the traffic of data through the Internet may cause delays during your use of the Membership Benefits and Features and you shall not hold us liable for delays which are ordinary in the course of Internet use. You recognize that the Membership Benefits and Features shall not be available on a continual twenty-four-hour basis due to such delays and due to delays caused by upgrading, modification, troubleshooting, or standard maintenance of the Membership Site.
3.5 No Warranty. We do not warrant or represent that: (a) the Content is accurate, complete, up-to-date or current; (b) we have any obligation to update any Content; (c) the Content is free from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors; (d) that the Content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party; (e) that the Content is free from changes caused by a third party; (f) your access to the Membership benefits and features will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components; and/or (g) any information obtained in response to questions asked through, or postings made on, the Membership benefits and features is accurate or complete.
You also acknowledge that the results of your Membership, your use of the Benefits and Features, and your participation in the Club depends on many factors, including your background, dedication, desire, and motivation. You acknowledge and agree that, as with any business endeavor, there is an inherent risk of failure or loss of investment and there is no guarantee that you will achieve your goals as a result of your Membership, your use of the Benefits and Features, and your participation in the Club.
- Community Rules.
4.1 Prohibited Communications. You agree that you will not contribute any Member Content that, as determined by us in our sole discretion:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes violence, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity); or
- endorses or advocates illegal or immoral activity; or
- discloses any private or sensitive information about another person, including that person’s email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not “stalk,” threaten, or otherwise harass another person;
- You will not spam or use the Website to engage in any commercial activities;
- If you post any Member Content, you will stay on topic;
- You will not access or use the Website to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Website through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Website through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Website;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Website for any purpose without our express written permission; provided, however, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public portions of the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly-available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and
- You will let us know about inappropriate content of which you become aware. If you find something that violates our Community Rules, please let us know, and we’ll review it.
We have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove any statements, material, or communications which violate these Community Rules.
4.2 Copyright, Trademark, and Other Proprietary Rights. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same.
The Content provided to Members is owned by us or is licensed to us. This includes, but is not limited to the modules, text, graphics, photos and interactive features created by and for us. This also includes our trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Our Trademarks”).
The Content and Our Trademarks are provided to you for your information and personal use only. You may not manipulate, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, broadcast, display, sell, license, reverse engineer, create derivative works or otherwise exploit Content for any purpose whatsoever. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you are NOT ALLOWED to:
- transfer the Content or the Benefits and Features to third parties;
- modify the Content in any way;
- reverse engineer, or permit others to reverse engineer, the Content or the Benefits and Features;
- copy the instructions, forms, help features, user forums and other documentation associated with the Content or the Benefits and Features;
- rent, lend, publicly perform, present, broadcast or distribute the Content or the Benefits and Features;
- make derivative works of the Content or the Benefits and Features;
- translate the Content or the Benefits and Features into another language;
- permit multiple users to share a single user name; or
- copy, modify, transfer, or use the Content or the Benefits and Features in a way that is not specifically mentioned by us in these Terms.
- The Content and Our Trademarks are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. The Member Content contributed by other Members may also be protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Unauthorized use of the Content, the Member Content, or Our Trademarks is a violation of law. Please respect our work.
4.3 Confidential Information. During your Membership you will have access to Confidential Information belonging to us and other Members (“Confidential Information”). You shall not disclose Confidential Information to any person or entity without prior express written consent of the disclosing party or unless required by law or court order. Confidential Information shall include:
- Private, personal, sensitive, or proprietary information disclosed by other Members during group coaching, live phone calls, interactive forums, online messaging, or areas of the Membership Site where Members may disclose Member Content.
- The identity of other Members.
- Our Content, proprietary information, trade secrets, processes, methods, customer lists, technologies, ideas, business, and affairs.
Confidential Information shall not include information which: (a) is or becomes available to the general public, through no unauthorized act or omission by you; (b) is already in your possession prior to disclosure by us or by a disclosing Member; or (c) is disclosed to you at any time to by an independent third party not subject to a confidentiality obligation to us or a disclosing Member.
4.4 Violation of the Community Rules. We may suspend or terminate your Membership without refund and refuse any and all current or future use of your Membership if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have violated the Community Rules set forth in this Section 4.
5.1 Your Personal Data. When you apply for Membership, you are asked to submit personal data, including:
- Your first and last name;
- Your mailing address;
- Your credit card information, including billing address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your desired Password and User Name.
We use this information to provide you the Features and Benefits and to fulfill our obligations to you under this Agreement.
- where disclosure is necessary for completing payments, or to resolve a problem related to a payment;
- to the International Coach Federation (“ICF”) and/or other parties for the sole and necessary purpose of verifying the coaching relationship to maintain our credentials;
- to persons authorized by law in the course of their official duties;
- to a consumer reporting agency as defined by applicable law;
- to comply with a government agency or court order, such as a lawful subpoena;
- to our employees, auditors, service providers, attorneys or collection agents in the course of their duties; or
- if you give us written permission (including by email); or
- for any other reason specified in these Terms or any other agreement we have with you.
- Choice of Law.
This Agreement shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of Florida. Any dispute concerning or breach of the terms of this Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
By becoming a Member, or accessing, registering for, using, or downloading the Benefits and Features, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Reinvention Institute, its officers, employees, contractors, agents, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, suppliers, or licensors from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including attorneys’ reasonable fees) related to:
- Any claim due to or arising out of your violation of these Terms, including but not limited to a claim arising out of a breach of your representations or warranties made under these Terms;
- Your use of and/or access (or any use or access by a third party on your account) to the Content, the Membership Site, and the Benefits and Features;
- Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation, any copyright, property, moral or privacy right; or
- The unavailability of the Membership Site.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
You agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, your sole and exclusive remedy for any problems or dissatisfaction with the Content, the Membership Site, and the Benefits and Features is to cancel your Membership and stop using the Content, the Membership Site, and the Benefits and Features.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR (i) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS) DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CONTENT, THE MEMBERSHIP SITE, AND THE BENEFITS AND FEATURES, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; (ii) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO CONTENT, THE MEMBERSHIP SITE, AND THE BENEFITS AND FEATURES WILL NOT BE MORE THAN THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US DURING THE PRIOR THREE MONTHS IN QUESTION.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, and, as such, some portion of the above limitation may not apply to You. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- Entire Agreement.
This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between us with respect to the matters covered here, and this Agreement contains all of the obligations and agreements between us with respect thereto. This Agreement may be amended or modified only in writing and shall be effective only after mutual written agreement.
- Knowing Consent and Authority to Consent.